Monday, September 7, 2009

It's official...

We're moving to Vegas

We made a quick weekend trip to Vegas to meet with the doctor, check out the area, and look at apartments. It was a stressful, yet fun and productive weekend. The doctor took us to eat at a French Bistro restaurant where we were seated outside on the patio next to the lake. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure what about 75% of the menu was. Niel and I aren't very cultured when it comes to food. We both really like the doctor. He is super laid back, funny, and a very nice guy. We were able to discuss loose ends and get more information about the job, salary, etc. We stayed with my Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Carl who also live in Vegas. They were wonderful hosts and fed us delicious meals, including steak dinner:) Want to know what is crazy? After Niel was offered the job with Dr. Tingey, we found out that Dr. Tingey and my aunt Marilyn's son were roommates at BYU. Small world.

And...we found an apartment we liked in Northwest Vegas and signed a year lease. Our move-in date is September 24th and Niel starts his job on September 28th. In the mean time, Niel takes boards one week from today and is studying non-stop.
As for me...I have five days left at my job! Can I get a hallelujah?!?!

7 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

Wow so soon! I will be out of town that time. On sun I need to tell you good bye but if you can let's get together before the 17 I will give you a call.

Michelle said...

Well congrats to you guys! I'm sure you will love it and it will be so exciting to get your lives rolling. Best of luck!!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

How exciting! I'm excited for the new phase in your life even if it's still not very close to me. :) Good luck with the move and everything!

Annie. said...

Congrats, that's so exciting! And you've already found a place to live, wow! Are you going to work in Vegas too, or call it quits for good?

KB said...

Party next weekend!!

KB said...

Party next weekend!!

Adam and Brittany said...

I am very excited for you and Niel to move to Vegas. It is closer to us and Adam and I are already planning a trip down there in October. Very fun. Can't wait to see you guys again.