Monday, November 2, 2009

70 Dollars

What would you do with 70 dollars? It could buy you lots of things. Let's name just a few. A ticket to a Vegas show, a pair of jeans, new shoes, a trip to the grocery store, going out to eat, etc. I could go on and on...but the point I am trying to make is that $70 can go a long way. Now, let me share with you a true story...

Niel has been in need of a new haircut, so he ventured out to find a hair salon on Saturday. He decided to drive to Summerlin Center (very nice area of town) looking for a salon. After looking for a long time (according to Niel) he finally found one. When he walked in, he beheld a very posh, contemporary salon. He was quickly approached by a tall, distinguished looking man in a suit. At this point, most would stop to ask how much they charged. Nope. Niel just walked right in.

It wasn't until after the deed was done that he found out his simple haircut cost $70. I didn't know that $70 dollar haircuts existed! I haven't even spent that much on my hair ever. Since I don't highlight or dye my hair, the most I've ever spent on a single salon visit was $50. Niel gave me a hard time for paying $50 to get my haircut in CA.

Niel has had better haircuts at Great Clips than this $70 job. We both decided it looks like a $15 haircut. What do you think? Worth 70 bucks? At least Niel learned a lesson from this experience:

"When a French man in a suit named Emanuel asks you to de-robe for a haircut, get out of there before it's too late."- Niel

10 comments:

Deven and Kellie said...

Oh i just love this story- I think it is a top story of the month! I love it! I can't believe that it could be a $70 hair cut. I had no idea that a guys hair cut could be that expensive.

Lizeth Peterson said...

Wow Ryan would have had a heart attack. For that price a shave and back massage should have been included.

Jenna said...

Did they do full scalp massage, deep conditioning, hand and arm massage, barber style shave all while rubbing his feet AS WELL as the haircut? Then maybe I could understand the $70 (sort of).

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Ha ha. Poor Niel!

By-the-way... I voted for Skully. I thought it was cute!

LAC said...

Very suave Niel! Worth it all!
LAC

KB said...

Yikes!! Esp for a MAN'S haircut. I always thought $45 for a woman's was pricey...

Annie. said...

That is INSANE! Who thinks they can even charge that much - and for a guy's haircut!

How come you and Niel always have the funniest stories? Haha!

Kim said...

Being greeted by a man in a suit is definitely a sign to turn and run! hahaha!

btw, I would have voted for skully but didn't see the post til it was too late.

Veronica Peterson said...

Good to know where not to go. The French guy over priced the haircut. That’s just crazy! Niel looks so different with shot hair- never seen it like that before.

Abby said...

He was asked to disrobe? That should have been his first clue to get the heck out.

No haircut is worth $70. None. The only time you should pay that much is if color is involved, and you're a girl.