Friday, November 20, 2009

Lone Mountain

A few weeks ago Niel and I went on a hike to lone mountain. It is only about half a mile away from our apartment. We made the rookie mistake of taking the back trail which only goes a quarter of the way to the top. Then the trail ends leaving you to rock climb the rest the way up. On the way home we found the trail that goes to the top. I guess we will know for next time.

Photobucket

I found a little cave on our way up
We have been loving the fall weather here in Las Vegas. At the end of September it cooled down to about 75 degrees and was beauiful. The last couple of weeks it has been cooler; between the 50's and 60's during the day and 40's at night...perfect for outdoor activities like hiking. It gets colder here in the winter than it did in Southern California, which I like. I am able to wear my jacket, boots, and scarfs without getting hot. You see, I get the fashion benefits of winter without having to scrape the windows:)

2 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

It sounds like an adventure! :)

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I'm glad you can still be fashionable in Vegas - that's something I'm sad for in FL. Boots on the beach? Nope.

I need to invest in more shorts.