Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pajama day everyday

I have really fallen off the blogging band wagon as of late. There are several reasons why I haven't been blogging lately 1) Starting a new job 2) Computer problems 3) Visitors

This post will focus on reason #1...starting a new job. I am working as a short sale loan processor for a holdings company here in Vegas. The owner goes to church with us and his wife mentioned the opening to me. The best part about the job is that I get to work from home. Therefore, it is a pajama day everyday. Well, technically I usually get out of my pajamas around noon. Even though I am working from home it is still a full time job but my schedule can be flexible if needed. I am excited about the whole working from home thing after having a really inflexible job with a commute the last two years. The first week has been frustrating as my computer is not being cooperative. Our five year old laptop isn't cutting it with the various software programs I have to run. So, it looks like we might be getting a new laptop on black Friday. I have a lot to learn since I have never worked as a loan processor but learning about real estate and loans is interesting to me.

During my job hunt I was offered a job at a front desk for a medical spa but turned it down. Then I had two interviews with Allegiant Airlines for a financial analyst position but didn't get a third interview. I had two interviews with a law firm for a legal assistant and didn't get the job. Then I was offered this job...and I took it. Taking this job is a leap of faith for me since I haven't ever worked as a loan processor or on commission. But, there is potential to make some really good money, and I get to work from home. I hope it all works out for the best. All I have to say is that I am glad I'm not job hunting anymore! Job hunting + recession = not fun

5 comments:

Annie. said...

Ugh I am sorry you had to job hunt. I'm sure it was no fun at all, but that is so great that you can work from home! I'm sure you will do a fantastic job and be a quick learner. You're a smart girl!

Good luck with the computer. :)

Annie. said...

P.s. Where did your B&BW post go? You looked cute in your apron! I love the plaid that they're doing this Christmas. Way cuter than the normal black aprons. (My sister works there too...so that's why it's weird how much thought I've put into that...ha!)

Veronica Peterson said...

Good luck with your new job. I think its awesome you get to work at home.

KB said...

Working from home sounds sweet! And what great timing for needing a new laptop -hope you score a killer deal! And congrats on getting a job :)

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I'm so jealous! I love the idea of working from home - I'm glad you found something that works for you!