Monday, November 23, 2009

Team Jacob

This weekend was a big one for Twilight fans because 'New Moon' was released. I had to post about it because 'New Moon' was my favorite book of the twilight series. Want to know why? Because I like Jacob Black way better than Edward. In fact, I don't care for Edward Cullen very much at all. In the movies, I like Edward, but I don't like his personality in the books. I actually wasn't a huge fan of the first twilight book but I kept reading because of the cliff-hanger ending. I continued to read the rest of the series with hopes that Bella would eventually end up with Jacob, only to be disappointed.

I feel that I have a responsibility to explain to all of you hopeless romantics, who have been foolishly smitten by Edward, that Bella should have ended up with Jacob Black.

We all know that long-lasting, loving, and happy relationships are based on strong bonds of friendship, mutual interests, and trust. Not only do Bella and Jacob have a strong friendship, they have common interests, they have interesting conversations, they laugh together, AND they are attracted to each another. Jacob is funny, attractive, down-to-earth, young at heart, trustworthy, and caring.

Edward on the other hand is boring. He is a smooth-talking, serious, stick-in-the-mud. Their conversations never have any substance and they don't have common interests. When it comes right down to it their relationship is based off of passion and lust. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to spend my life with a cold-skinned, sparkly, 100 year-old, ill-tempered, boring, vampire. Didn't his temper bug you in the book? Didn't you ever get the feeling that he was an insincere, quick-to-anger vampire trying to pull the wool over Bella's eyes? Most of all, if he truly loved and cared for Bella then he wouldn't have left her unprotected and heart-broken in such a cruel way. No excuses.

This is why once again Bella shows she is a poor decision maker. Jacob was always there for Bella-he never let her down, and he knew the true Bella Swan. Not to mention, she could have stayed human if she married Jacob. Why Bella chose Edward and his cheesy, empty, poetic, phrases is still a mystery to me when she could have been with Jacob. Jacob was the one she could trust, the one who would make her laugh, and the one who was her best friend.

PHEW. Now that I got that out of my system and talked some sense into you all, let's talk about a few key points from the movie...

-Edward should not have been allowed to take off his shirt in this movie. GROSS.
-I laughed so hard when Jacob took his shirt off to wipe the blood off of Bella's face when she fell.

Alright, that's all I've got. Overall it was a pretty good/entertaining movie. I enjoyed Jacob's performance. What did you think about it? Which team are you on?

8 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Ha ha.

Haven't seen it yet. But I'll let you know how I liked it.

Abby said...

I always wanted her to be with Edward, but he did bother me sometimes--way too controlling. I haven't seen the movie yet but I think I will be a Jake fan all the way; edward is so gross when he takes his shirt off in the previews. He should not be hairy. I am not a big Rob Pattinson fan.

I saw Taylor Lautner interviewed on Conan last night and he was adorable. I am team movie Jacob, at least.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I never understood why anyone would want to be with such a controlling guy. People think that is romantic, I guess. I think it is borderline abusive.

Paige said...

Oh Darci, you just don't understand the passion! She just has to be with the one she loves. Its not about compatibility or practicality, he is her soulmate, and she can't just pass that up!
I'm not on any team really, but I can see why it went the direction it did.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

You can't help who you fall in love with - which is why I think I'm on Team Edward. But this movie may charge my mind. I'm seeing it tomorrow. :)

Veronica Peterson said...

I didn't like Edward in the movie. They totally made him look just how his describe in the book. I think Bella didn't stay with Jacob because she always felt like he was her brother and friend only. Who she falls in love with is Edward and there relationship is so difficult because his a vampire. The only thing he wants is to protect her from everything but things get completing. I thought the movie was good but the books are better. Oh and Edwards back in ecplipse. My favorite series.

KB said...

We're going tonight! You've tainted my view of Sir Edward :*(

Unknown said...

I haven't read the books and have purposefully avoiding them. The crazed moms freak me out with their nonsensical obsession. I must admit I enjoyed the first two movies. I saw Twilight recently with RiffTrax and it was hilarious but completely tainted seeing New Moon in the theater! I could only picture the jokes they would have been making. I laughed through the entire movie. Especially with the little sightings of Edward! Even still, I find myself thinking about the movie and how I enjoyed it.

I highly recommend watching Twilight with RiffTrax. Hilarious!