Sunday, September 14, 2008

We bleed blue

I spent the weekend in Seattle last week. Our family got together for the BYU vs. UW football game. I took work off on Friday and arrived in Seattle around lunchtime. I went to lunch with my mom and dad and then we went to the beach at Puget Sound. The weather was beautiful, sunny, and warm. Here is the Seattle skyline. Unfortunately Niel couldn't come because he had just started his second week of rotations for p.a. school.

This is my sweet nephew Mckay. I love him so much! He is so funny and cute. He can always make me laugh and bring a smile to my face. The first thing he told me when he saw me was, "My mommy has a baby in her stomach and it's very very small". Then he continued to tell me its the size of his thumb. Congratulation Jennifer and Jericho! I am excited to be an AUNT AGAIN!!!

My nephews Isaac, Mckay, and Austin all riled up at Red Robin. Friday Night we went to the fireside put on by the BYU football team. Coach Mendenhall (sp?) spoke and several other football players. My favorite part was when the football team sang "Armies of Helaman". They sounded like a men's choir...and they looked good too:) ha ha.

We stayed in the Embassy Suites hotel. In the morning they serve a breakfast buffet with cook-to order omelets. Lets just say it was the best breakfast I had eaten in a looong time. Two days in a row too:)
Saturday morning we went to the tailgate party and then the football game. The tailgate party was right outside the stadium and they even had a band. There were so many BYU fans there and we were so loud! We totally rallied their stadium, I loved it. There was a disgruntled UW couple sitting in front of us. I was really loud the whole game and used my old yelling techniques from being a cheerleader.




Our family filled up this whole row of seats. My brother Brannen is really hard-core about the whole football thing. He had his headset on listening to the game on the radio while watching it. My niece Tiffani and nephew McKay decked out in their cougar wear...too cute.Tiffani was my little buddy for the weekend. We were even roommates the first night.The Child clan (minus Brent & Paul's family...and Niel)View from the stadium...Seattle is really pretty. I could definitely live there if it didn't rain so much.After the football game we went to Round Table Pizza to celebrate Isaac's fourth birthday. Here is Dylan, Isaac, McKay, and Trent. After cake and ice cream we went back to the hotel we were staying at and we all got in the pool and hot tub! On Sunday we went to church and then had a picnic in the park by the Seattle temple. It was so nice to see my family.

4 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

Hey Darci, It's Veronica checking out your blog. I like your pictures. There are a lot of good ones from HI. Looks like you had a blast there with Niel. I love your new hair cut. I started blogging for the same reason, my blog is my journal. I am glad you had a good time with your family.

Annie. said...

Fun! So lucky that you got to go home and visit! I loved reading through all your old posts, especially the Hawaii pictures! It looks like you guys had an AMAZING time. I am so happy for you that you finally got your Hawaii trip in! :)

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

DARF!! I'm so excited that you have a blog. Basically because we hardly talk and now I can keep tabs on you :). That's awesome that you finally got your Hawaii trip!! It looked like a ton of fun. I LOVE your hair! It almost makes me want to cute mine because mine really sucks right now.

Anyway....totally excited that you have a blog!!

Beth said...

Hey Darci,
You have a blog! I'll have to send you the link to ours. It's password protected. Sounds like you all had a blast in Seattle. Wished we could have come!!!