Monday, September 1, 2008

Maui Day 2: "Gettin' Leighed"

We started out the day by going grocery shopping for the week. We bought stuff to make breakfast and lunches everyday to save some money. We also had to buy some sunblock. The cheapest bottle they had was $10 (that was at Safeway too). After breakfast we went to the beach outside out hotel. Then we laid out and played in our pool. Later that afternoon we went to the Marriott Beach Club down the road which had a sweet pool. We didn't take our camera so I don't have any pictures. Their pool had waterfalls and a little water slide...it put out pool to shame. Then we came back and got ready for the Luau!
There is a story behind this picture. On our way to Hawaii Niel and I were talking about souvenirs. We both agreed that we aren't really into buying souvenirs. We were making fun of people who go on vacations and end up buying tons of souvenirs most of which are dollar store material which the location written on it. We also talked about how people always fall for those cheesy pictures that the employees take of you on vacations and try to sell them to you (you know the ones I am talking about).

Well this picture is one of THOSE pictures! They totally got me this time! They took this picture of Niel and I on the way into the Luau. When I saw the picture after th luau I fell in love with it. Niel couldn't believe it, especially after the conversation we had. He didn't let me buy it and I was soooo sad. But that isn't the end of the story.

Two nights later after I was still thinking about the picture I went back to where the luau was and asked the photographer if they kept the pictures. He was nice enough to reprint me one and sell it to me. This is the first picture I have ever purchased from those dudes. I am really glad I bought it though because we don't really have any good pictures of both Niel and I since we got married. I needed a nice, updated picture of the both of us and I thought this was cute:) We got "leighed" by the Polynesians while we were waiting in line to go into the Luau.


They invited everyone who wanted to learn how to hula to come up on stage. I am up on stage somewhere...try to find me.

At the luau they had an all-you-can-eat buffet and then they had a performance. The dancers did about 7-8 different hula routines. They changed costumes a bunch too. At the end they had a fire dancer. That was our favorite part. The pictures from the rest of the luau didn't turn out because our disposable camera got wet:(

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm so glad you FINALLY got your Hawaii trip!! It looks like you had a blast once you finally got there :)
Blogging is easy, it just takes some time. Some cute templates are at pyzam.com, and you simply read the instructions on how to use it.
Enjoy!!