Sunday, January 17, 2010

Leavenworth

After ice skating, we drove to Leavenworth and checked into our hotel. My whole family was there except for my brother Brent. That made a total of 23 of us! We all stayed in a cozy hotel that is walking distance from downtown (I think our family filled up a quarter of the hotel).

This is the third time our family has gone to Leavenworth during the holidays. I love Leavenworth at Christmas. It is a Bavarian style town with lots of snow, evergreen trees, mountains, beautiful lights, festive shops, boutiques, candy stores, horse carriages, etc.
The first night we got there, we had a pizza party followed by a white elephant gift exchange at our hotel. Niel and I came away with some decent gifts. Niel got a medicine ball (which he uses daily) and I got a tropical calendar (that continually reminds me we need to go on a tropical vacation again). Afterwards we played games. Having a big family is so much fun:)

1 comment:

Annie. said...

Wow - what a beautiful place and a fun tradition. I totally agree with you on big families!