Friday, January 29, 2010

Clippers

Remember this post when Niel got a $70 dollar haircut? Shortly after that, Niel told me he wanted to buy clippers and have me cut his hair. I thought it sounded fun and like a good idea. Christmas time rolled around and I bought Niel a complete home haircut kit from Costco. After Christmas, Niel kept putting off his much needed haircut. It seemed he was getting cold feet about me cutting his hair. One day he even tried to sneak off to Great Clips but I told him that wasn't an option since we already bought him a nice kit. I reminded Niel that it was his idea for me to cut his hair. Reluctantly, he let me do it. Ok...the truth is I pretty much made him sit in the chair, wear the plastic thing, and let me cut his hair.

I was a first timer at this haircutting business so it was a learning experience for me. It kinda freaked Niel out when I would stop to read the directions and look at the pictures for 'First time hair-cutters'. I couldn't help but laugh the majority of the time while cutting his hair. Niel on the other hand didn't think it was too funny. I thought I did an excellent job, especially for my first haircut. I may have cut it too short behind the ears and made a weird cut on the right side of his head, but besides that it looked great. Niel wasn't too happy though and told me to buzz the whole thing with clippers.

Me: "Are you sure??? No way. I'm not doing that."
Niel: "Just do it, it can't look any worse. Then it will all be the same length"
We continued to go back and forth until finally I gave in
Me: "Just remember I tried to talk you out of this. It looks just fine right now."

(Here is the picture before I took the clippers to his head. It looks pretty good right?)
So I did as he asked and took the clippers to his head. Turns out, he actually liked it once he got used to how short it was. Looks like I will be his permanent stylist now.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Burke made me buy clippers and do his too. Except while I would do it, he would get up and keep checking on the progress. Annoying. We resorted back to great clips.

Annie. said...

Where is the after photo!? Talon would NEVER let me get near his hair with a 10-foot pole...he says he doesn't want to be mad at me if it turns out bad. Haha. :)

Deven and Kellie said...

Oh man Darc that just makes me laugh! I can totally picture you reading the directions to figure out how to cut hair. I would like to see an after picture as well. Random side note- we have the same spice rack ;)!!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I think he looks great even before you buzzed it! If he's the one who asked you to do it, he can't complain about the results. :)

Beth said...

Great story Darci. I have some clippers myself, but only do the boys' hair. I fear I'd mess up Brent's hair and he'd get funny looks from patients. I haven't been brave enough to do his yet, although he thinks I should. Nice job on Niel's. I'd love to see the after photo, too.