Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sweet Taste of Victory

We were planning on just watching the BYU/Utah game on TV while we were in Utah. But on game day Niel's college buddy called to say he had an extra ticket. I hadn't seen him act that excited in a long time. He acted like a little kid who had just been told he was going to Disneyland for his first time. Niel stormed the field after the thrilling overtime victory and watched gleefully as Utah fans cried in the stands. He was able to capture this picture of the hero of the game, Andrew George, who at 6'5" 260 lbs was somehow able to crowd surf on the shoulders of elated Cougar fans for at least 15 minutes.I watched the game at my cousin Missy's house with my sister Jennifer, brother Paul, and their families. My brother Paul and his wife Lindsay are both graduates of the University of Utah and are huge Ute fans. It is OK though, we still love them:) The rest of us were rooting for the Cougars. We had a fun time visiting and eating yummy food while watching the game.
Missy, Lindsay, me, and Jennifer
These are the cutest Utes I have ever seen--Paul, Ethan, Lindsay & Ben
Two of my adorable nephews Jordan and Ben

I realize I am way behind on blogging this, but regardless it was an awesome game and victorious win by the Cougars!

2 comments:

Missy said...

That was so fun you got to come over and watch the game! It was so fun to see you. Thanks for the yummy treats!

Anonymous said...

Hey darc,
It was so much fun to be with you and niel for Christmas. Thanks for putting up this cute pic of our family in our ute gear. I saved it so I can print it for our fam album. Love you, linds