Sunday, January 24, 2010

Leader of the Pack

Well, I finally have a new church assignment. Prior to receiving my new church assignment I said to Niel, "They better not ask me to be the wolf woman or den woman...or whatever that is called." Obviously, I didn't know anything about Boy Scouts except for the fact that the women who help out had weird names that involved bear names and the sort. So...I was asked to be the Webelos Den Leader for the Cub Scouts program. NNNNOOOO!!! That was my initial reaction. Who wants to work with a bunch of rowdy ten year old boys trying to get scout badges? Do I look like the type? Besides I didn't know ANYTHING about boy scouts.
But, it might not be too bad after all....in fact, I might even enjoy it. My friend Molly was asked to be a joint Webelo Leader with me and I can tell we will have a great time. We've already had two pack meetings and this week we have our first den meeting (see I'm already speaking cub scout). Our first pack meeting I heard lots of the following words: poop, fart, etc. Don't worry, we are going to whip those boys into shape. Just don't count on me EVER being seen wearing the scout uniform:)

3 comments:

Paige said...

Ha ha suckah! I totally had the same thing happen to me with ward prayer at L Square, remember? Its like we're being taught a lesson!!
Miss ya! Hopefully you can come out soon now the weather is better. We could hit up disneyland even! I have a pass

Lindsey said...

That is too funny! I bet you will end up having a blast.

Mollie said...

I'll buy you your scout shirt for your birthday!