Sunday, August 8, 2010

31 Weeks

Photobucket
Still feeling not too shabby although the third trimester has already been the hardest. At about 28 weeks my back started hurting a lot, especially in the night. I am finding it very hard to sleep and stay asleep. It seems my pregnancy makes my existing back problems worse (no surprise).

I had to take the three hour glucose test because my first test results were high. Luckily, the first test was a false positive but my doctor told me the three out of four results were borderline. I will have to watch myself carefully in future pregnancies.

At my 31 week checkup my doctor told me I was measuring big and that she thinks I am going to have a big baby. Thanks to my husband who was a 10.6 lb. pound baby. I wanted to cry. In fact I did cry that night. I don't think I'm made to birth big babies. My doctor will monitor me closely and may induce me up to a week early if needed. If I don't have the baby by my due date she will induce me or do a scheduled C-section. To be honest I am scared silly of childbirth and try not to think about it too much. I try to focus on how excited I am to meet our little girl!

4 comments:

Lindsey Cortes said...

Darci, I am so excited for you! Be glad you have a Dr. willing to induce you if needed. Trust me I was just induced and it is not nearly as bad as people say. Childbirth is a scary thought but the crazy thing is you really don't remember the pain or how it felt. You remember having it but not much more than that. Plus the little baby is sooooooooooo worth it in the end. Just be sure to get an epidural they are totally worth it!

KB said...

Cool Darc. Yeah childbirth's a trip so I agree don't think about it. Besides, when all's said and done the baby finds a way out in the blink of an eye as compared to ALL the time you wait during the pregnancy. Wishing you some back relief and an early healthy delivery!

Adam and Brittany said...

My doctor thought that I would have a average 7 pound baby and here I birthed an 8 lb. 12 ounce baby 4 days before my due date. You can can do it Darci. Just try and have that baby early. And by the way.. I loved being induced. In the end it all works out.

Annie. said...

Seriosuly, birth is scary to think about, but I promise you just go into this incredible he-woman mode and you just DO it, it's so incredible. You really do partner with Heavenly Father to bring that child to earth, and while it's the hardest thing you've ever done, and you feel like you pass the brink of death, there is nothing - NOTHING - quite so amazing and incredible, to be involved in such a sacred experience. It's one of those time where you step back, get a blessing, say a prayer, and put it in the Lord's hands. And he comes through, teaching you once again, how your life (and your little one's) is in His hands. It's remarkable.

And here I go crying, just thinking about it.

So excited for you guys to become parents!