Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alaska

Photobucket
These wild flowers grow all over the state. This picture of Eagle River Valley, where Niel grew up, was taken from titty-top mountain.

Niel and his dad found this half-frozen lake high up in the mountain near Kenai.
Off in the distance you can see Denali
Niel's house is down there somewhere. The big red-roofed building is where he went to elementary school.

Eagle River, the river Niel's hometown was named after
Symphony Lake
Photobucket
Schurig Men

I want to go to Alaska now. What about you?

5 comments:

Sue said...

I think that mountain is Sleeping Lady (Mt. Susitna) not Denali. I could be wrong though.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

It looks beautiful! I've always wanted to take an Alaskan cruise. Sounds like fun!

Adam and Brittany said...

Adam is very jealous of Neil's visit to Alaska. He is dying to go fishing there some day. Maybe we could work something out to all go up together for a vacation? P.S. Check your email I sent you a baby survival list that my friend and I complied.

Annie. said...

Yeah...I'd say so. What a beautiful place.

Elder Lynn Child said...

See my comment re: fishing...yeah, beautiful scenery. Sure beats the views in Quincy!