Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gone Fishin'

What is a trip to Alaska without fishing? Niel caught five or six King Salmon while fishing with his dad at Montana Creek. Have I mentioned how much I love salmon? Unfortunately Mr. Schurig failed to bring home any fish. Can you believe that? One of our friends felt bad for me and gave me one of their salmon they got from Alaska during their trip this summer.
Photobucket
Doesn't he look cute in his fishing gear? Those boot things are called hip waders (I just learned this). Apparently his hip waders leaked while fishing and his socks and pants got all wet.
Niel's Dad reeling in a fish

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

Niel--the next time you go to Alaska, I will pay your way in exchange for some fishing like this!!! You could be my guide! Go Niel!