Monday, August 30, 2010

Coming soon...

Today I had an ultrasound because at my appointment last Thursday my doctor didn't think the baby had moved head down yet. Luckily, today's ultrasound confirmed she is head down! Good job baby! Baby girl still hasn't dropped as much as she should but she still has some time to cooperate with us. I'm 60% effaced but only dilated slightly. From the measurements, they believe she is already about 6 lbs. 11 0z. Which means...doctor is inducing me one week early on the 16th to avoid a bigger baby. That is in two and a half weeks!!! Whoa. I'm very excited but I feel like time is slipping through my fingers and I still have so much to do before she comes.

Here is a picture of her profile and hand from the ultrasound today. I can't believe we are going to be parents two weeks from Thursday. It is seeming quite surreal.

4 comments:

Annie. said...

Wow! That is crazy! You have a date for when your baby will be in your arms! Congrats. Are you nervous? You shouldn't be, it's the best day of your life. We're so excited for you guys! I better get your GIFT in the mail, darn it! Haha, I've had it for like 4 months now!

Can't wait to see photos in a couple weeks! Wish we could be there to visit you, help bring dinners, all that fun stuff.

What else do you have to do before she comes?

Chelsea said...

Whoo! I feel like you have been pregnant for about 5 minutes, but I bet it's seemed longer for you. Get a lot of fun stuff in before she comes... like sleeping! Congrats.

The Bailly Buzz said...

I can't believe you're almost parents either! That is so exciting. She is going to be soooo cute. Congrats and good luck.

Adam and Brittany said...

Darci, getting induced is great because you know when you go to the hospital you are coming home with a baby girl!

One thing I forgot to mention in the email I sent you was to read the book "BABY WISE" it is amazing. I helps you know how to get you baby to sleep well and eventually through the night. I am about done with it but wish I had read it before Crew was born. It is a miracle book.