Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alaskan Grown

One thing you may not know about Niel is that he was raised in Eagle River Alaska, a suburb of Anchorage. He was able to take a trip home to Alaska this summer for the first time in seven years. The pregnant woman (me) didn't make the cut for the camp outs and hikes that were planned. I hope to make it to Alaska one of these days to see where Niel grew up. He took lots of pictures with his iPhone while on his trip.

His house. Doesn't this look exactly how you would picture a home in Alaska to look like? I thought so.
Photobucket
Here is one of the many walls of Niel's home adorned with stuffed, dead, animals. Weird, I know.
Below is Niel's back yard. Not to be mistaken for a forrest. I told Niel that his back yard looks more mountainous than the site of our last camping trip at Mt. Charleston outside of Las Vegas.
This is the beginning of a wonderful series of Alaksa posts. I know your excited.

2 comments:

Sue said...

There's nothing wrong with a few dead animal heads on the wall. My Dad has a ton. When I was growing up my friends called my house the poacher's house. Not the most attractive decor I've ever seen. Glad Niel finally got to go home.

Elder Lynn Child said...

Your house looks like a lodge to me...good spot to hang out between fishing trips!