Thursday, January 5, 2012

14 & 15 months

Stats at her 15 month appointment:

Weight: 19 lbs 3 oz. (5th percentile)
Height: 28 3/4 in. (10th percentile)
Head: 45 cm (25-50th percentile)

She is a walking machine and loving it!
Photobucket
Total Daddy's girl. Sometimes she cries when Niel goes to work. Sometimes she cries when Niel hands her off to me. At times it seems she doesn't want anything to do with me. I think it's great she loves her dad so much but I miss being the favorite!
Photobucket
She loves going for bike rides in our new bike trailer. Her puppy usually comes too. In fact, her puppy goes wherever she goes about half the time. They are best friends and she gives it lots of hugs and kisses.

She is too busy to give mom and dad hugs and kisses lately. We only get one every once in awhile:(
Photobucket
  • Loves reading. She will find a book she likes and bring it to me to read to her. I cherish this time since it is the only time she will sit still.
  • She sits on her knees. She also sits in squatting position.
  • She loves going outside and getting out of the house. She will go up to the door and bang on it when she wants to go outside. Which is usually at least once a day.
  • Twelve teeth! Six on top and six on bottom. Her top molars came in finally. Those were not fun at all for both of us.
  • She has been so much happier since she learned to walk. We had a really rough patch around 13 1/2 months of not sleeping or napping well and being really cranky. Once she started walking and cut her molars things have improved a lot.
  • She has a sense of humor. She laughs when we do, does funny facial expressions, and does funny things.
  • She puts on my shoes and bracelets.
  • Anything with a strap becomes a purse.
  • She likes to hand objects to us and say, "here ya go" (ee-ya-o) and then take them back from us about two seconds later and say thank you (tay-doo).
  • She is good at shaking her head no.
  • At 14 months I couldn't hardly get her to eat anything. This has improved a bit at 15 months. The things she will eat are yogurt, milk, bananas, lunch meat, oranges, graham crackers, bread, tomatoes, grapes, toast, cheese, mac n' cheese, granola bars, apples, and pizza.
  • When she wants something to eat she yells, "NUN!! NUN!!" We are working on our manners over here. Sometimes she does the 'more please' sign in ASL.
  • She needs her kitty and puppy to sleep.
  • She is hungry ALL THE TIME. She will pretty much eat all day long if I let her.
  • She is pretty good at sitting still while I do her hair. I usually do it in pigtails or a pony-tail on top of her head.
  • Is a total sweet tooth just like her mom and dad. Oh boy. She manages to find our candy stashes and then takes the candy to her dad for him to open it for her. She knows mom is the stickler on sweets.
  • Her hair has been growing fast lately. She has more curls in the back too. Love it! I hope her hair stays curly!
Please feel free to skip the following paragraph. It is for me to remember with my next child.

She is officially a one nap baby. The transition to one nap was and still is a lot harder than I thought it would be. She gets really tired in the morning around 10 a.m. and would usually go down for a nap then if I would let her. But when I put her down around 10 a.m. she would only nap for an hour and a half to two hours and wouldn't go down for an afternoon nap. Resulting in an exhausted little girl by bedtime. On the rare occasion she would take an afternoon nap it would only be 30 or 45 minutes long and it would take her about an hour to fall asleep. Or if she did take a good afternoon nap she wouldn't be tired enough to fall asleep at her bedtime. I felt like I was spending all afternoon trying to get a second nap that was wasn't very productive. But I also felt like she got too tired and cranky to push her nap back until after lunch. For a couple of months we had days with two naps and some with one nap. Simply because some days she wasn't tired enough. The first week of officially transitioning to one nap was really rough (right at 14 months). Although I attempted it once or twice before and failed. The week I transitioned, I ran my errands in the morning and she would be extremely cranky, throw tantrums, and fall asleep in the car on the way home. Sometimes she would wake up early from her nap and only nap for an hour to an hour and a half. The second week I decided to stay home all week in the mornings. I would give her lunch between 11 a.m. and noon and then put her down for a nap. Second week was a lot better and since then the one nap has worked out better for her. She usually sleeps for about two hours. Sometimes it is only an hour and a half (spare me!) and some days it's up to 3 hours or more if I'm really lucky (love those days!). I think she was ready to switch at a year but mom wasn't ready for one nap yet:)
One last picture because it's too cute. I don't think anyone has ever rocked a pink pea coat the way Kensie does.

2 comments:

Adam and Brittany said...

She is a doll and I love love love one nap. Didn't think I would but I do. It lets us get out of the house more.

Elder Lynn Child said...

Pretty special! I'm glad you're keeping a record of the mother/baby things that work. It will be helpful later on. Good job! I especially like the picture of you reading to Kensie.