Thursday, January 26, 2012

A New Year

Since it's almost the end of January, I thought I'd share my new year's resolutions even though I'm not a huge fan of them. Mostly because I feel like it's the same thing every year. Eat healthier, exercise more, etc. But at the same time it is a great opportunity to try to improve oneself. This year I chose a few goals I thought were attainable and somewhat measurable.1. Last year was the year of home improvements which meant we spent a lot of money. I like sticking to a budget so it kinda stressed me out how much money we spent on our home. With our big and costly home improvements out of the way, I'm looking forward to a year of spending less and saving more. Getting back on a budget!

2. I also want to do more fun things with Kensie. More park days, play dates, and story times. Less dragging her around with me shopping and running errands.

3. Making my bed every day.

Yes, #3 is pretty pathetic. Most people have been making their bed every day since they were ten years old. As much as my mom tried to bribe me by putting quarters on my bed when I would make it, the habit never sunk in.

So far, things are looking good for my NYR. We've already put a good chunk of money towards savings. Kensie and I have been to story time every week. We've also been going to the park at least once or twice a week when it's warm enough. I'm working on getting a babysitting co-op going. Aaaaaannnd....I've made my bed almost every day this year! Boo-yah! My mom will be so proud when she finds out.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man, this made me laugh! I have never been good at making my bed either! Stephen is working with me on that though. Haha. :)

Elder Lynn Child said...

Your Dad is very proud of you...also should be tied in with keeping your room tidy and clean! I'm sure you are doing the latter already!?!?

Lindsey Cortes said...

You should see if there is a MOM'S Club in your area. I joined last year and it has been the best way to meet new people and develop life long friendships. Here is the link to the international site that has a website finder. http://www.momsclub.org/