Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Santa

Waiting until the last minute to see Santa was a bad idea. Even 30 minutes after the mall opened on the 20th of December there was a long line with a 30-45 minute wait. One thing about Kensie is she has never been a child who sits still. Very squirmy. Especially now that she knows how to walk. Keeping her restrained in a stroller is almost a joke now. So you can imagine after waiting in line for approximately 4 minutes she wants OUT!!! Crying, squirming, and trying everything in her power to wiggle herself out of the stroller. Once she is out of the stroller the last thing she wants to do is stand in line. The next 25 minutes consisted of me trying to contain her in the line. Which wasn't really happening. I kept glancing around at all the other children sitting and standing contently waiting to see Santa and I couldn't help but think why does my child have so much energy?!?! There was one other little boy in line who kept throwing tantrums. That made me feel better.

Anyways, by the time it was our turn to see Santa I was sweating (can you tell in the picture?!) from chasing and trying to contain my child. As soon as I put Kensie on Santa's lap she started crying. I was prepared for that though so I jumped right in the picture and sat on Santa's lap too.
Photobucket
Kensie was very cooperative by smiling pretty for the camera. It was all worth it I suppose because she looks just too dang cute. Who would ever guess that this little girl with a sweet, innocent smile caused so much trouble in the Santa line? What a little ham.

3 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

That is pretty cute all right! Maybe next year she'll be more cooperative. I like her chubby little legs & boots!

Deven and Kellie said...

Darci I am laughing right now!!! I can just picture you chasing her all around and getting all sweaty :) I am so mad that I didnt take Payten to get a picture with Santa. I will for sure next year though!

Adam and Brittany said...

Kensie looks soooo cute in this picture. Her smile is darling!