Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Whitings Visit

The week after Christmas, my sister Jennifer and her family came to visit. I hadn't seen her since I was seven months pregnant, so they hadn't ever met Kensie. I was so excited to see their family. Kensie was very happy to have little people at our house to play with! She quickly grew quite fond of both McKay and Jordan, who were so sweet to her. They are both sweet and well behaved boys. Kensie would go up to Jordan and give him hugs and she wanted McKay to hold her a lot. She would walk up to him and put her arms out for him to pick her up.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We heated up the hot tub while they were here. That was a hit.
Photobucket
Kensie wanted McKay to hold her in the hot tub. She rested her head on his shoulder for a long time too. She loved him so much.
Photobucket
We went to Red Rock Canyon.
Photobucket
We stuffed ourselves at the Rio buffet. This was the best buffet I've been to in Vegas so far. McKay and his dad both ate an incredible amount of crab legs. My favorite part of the buffet was the gelato bar.
Photobucket
Kensie and Jordan went in the bike trailer together when we went to the park.
Photobucket
She loved going down the slides with McKay.

It's a bummer we were still sick during their visit but we still had a good time. I'm so glad I was finally able to see my sister. I absolutely loved being around her adorable little boys too. Kensie missed her cousins when they left. The next couple of days she went in the guest bedroom every morning to see if they were there. I wish we lived closer. What a fun visit!

2 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

These boys are well behaved...we certainly enjoyed them while Jennifer and Jericho were in Hawaii. I hope Kensie has similar likes in young men as she moves into her teens. It looks like you all had a lot of fun together. Yea for good families!!

Missy said...

It's good to see what Jennifer's kids look like now! I think the last time we saw Jordan he was 6 months old. We miss them too!