Sunday, November 16, 2008

23 & Wicked

Well I am 23. Ugh...getting older. I really liked 21 & 22 but 23 is starting to sound not that great. I always think of the song by Blink 182 when it says, "Nobody likes you when you're 23". Anyways, I had a great birthday thanks to Niel and the fact that my birthday fell on a Saturday. Saturday birthdays are awesome. I woke up to breakfast in bed from Niel. Then he told me he had a surprise waiting for me in the living room. I had told Niel to not spend very much money on me but he disobeyed...when I went into the living room a brand new bike was waiting for me!
It is so cute! It is a really nice bike too. I took it for a test drive right away. Niel goes for a run every Saturday morning. I never join him because i hate running. Now I get to ride my bike while he runs! We are hoping to get him a bike for Christmas so that we can take our bikes to the beach and on the bike trails around here.
After our bike ride around the neighborhood trails we took off to L.A. We window shopped at the Garden Grove mall in L.A. This is an uppity outdoor mall with some fancy shops. It was decorated for Christmas too!
We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. They sang "Happy Birthday" to me and brought me out these little sundaes with candles.
Then we headed down to Hollywood Blvd. to the Pantages Theatre to see the one, the only....
WICKED!!! I love, love, LOVED it. The plot totally made the play. I can never think of Wizard of Oz the same way (in a good way). It was funny, had great music, had a great plot, and a good message. The lady who played Glinda the good witch was hilarious. The costumes and sound effects were great too. If you haven't seen this yet you have to go. Worth every penny. I had a wonderful Birthday! Thank you Niel for making my 23rd birthday a good one and thank you to those who sent birthday wishes my way!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Happy belated Darci. 23 takes some time to get used to but it really isn't that much different than 22. I like the Jimmy Eat World song intitled "23". You should check it out.

Annie. said...

Oh NO! I missed your number 23! I feel so bad - you are always so good at sending me cards and calling. :( I'll have to make up for that one, so be on the lookout in the mail.

I am so glad you got to go to Wicked! I've never seen it but everyone I know who has raves about it. I can't wait to go someday. Also, way cute bike! Niel is a sweetheart to you. Oh, and don't worry about feeling back about hitting 23 - I still can't believe that I am that old. It feels soooo old.