Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sugar Mama


On Thursday we had our company meeting at work. I was awarded my "1 year of Service Award". Along with the service award you get to pick a "prize". I picked myself out a nice duffle bag. Boring, yes...but we needed one.

SO...I survived my first year of working full-time with a"real" job. It has been interesting. Allot of overtime, stressful days, and commutes. Even though there are days when I hate my job and want to quit, there are definitely many good things about my job. The company is owned by a down to earth Christian family and I enjoy my co-workers for the most part. The benefits are great! 3 weeks of paid time off a year, holiday pay, and dental, vision, and health insurance for Niel and I. My boss and I get along pretty well which is a plus. I do feel that this job has been a blessing for Niel and I while he is going to school.

My job hasn't made us wealthy by any means but it has been enough to pay for all of our living expenses (and my occasional shopping sprees)while we have been here in CA. I am SO grateful for that because I really didn't want to live on student loans for living expenses.