Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight. Yes Please.

Friday night Niel and I went to see Twilight. The line for tickets was wrapped around the movie theatre outside. Luckily I bought our tickets the night before. We had to park in the mall parking lot which was a block away because there was no parking. Once we actually got inside the theatre the only seats left were in the first three rows. This was twenty minutes before the movie started too! When the movie started everyone was cheering and yelling. What a crowd.
I LOVED this movie. I kinda want to see it again. Niel even liked it! I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I was expecting to be disappointed with the movie since that is usually how it goes with films that are based off books. Off course there were a couple of cheesy parts but I may have even liked it better than the book. It was even funny!

I had been skeptical because I didn't think that Rob Pattinson was that attractive...well that was before I saw the movie and now I think differently:) I would have to say that Rob Pattinson pulled it off starring as Edward Cullen. He did look pretty dang good when he walked out for Prom night. I never really liked Edward in the books. I was always "Team Jacob". Well I hate to say it but the movie made me like Edward better. So I guess I am Team Jacob in the books and Team Edward with the movie:) Bella was perfectly cast. I thought the same for Mike and Jessica.

Some of my favorite parts:

-When Edward is playing the piano for Bella. Dreamy.
-The kissing scene. "Don't Move". YES.
-When Edward first meets Bella in Biology. This was so funny how he could hardly contain himself.
- "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" scene
-The ending: the kiss in the gazebo and the shot of Victoria coming down the stairs.

Loved it. Thank you Stephanie Meyer...and Rob pattinson.

5 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

You are hilarious! I love reading your posts.

I didn't go into Twilight with high expectations but was pleasantly surprised. There were quite a few too many close up/realllllly sllll l l llllow scenes and I felt that if I hadn't read the books I would have totally hated it because it really didn't give too much substance as far as background info went, BUT Edward did look dang good in the prom scene. agreed. just don't tell mike . haha

Paige said...

Ha ha love it.
I agree, the low expectations make it better. I was surprised at how perfect Kristen was for Bella, really dead on.
I still think Edward should have been more hot!

Veronica Peterson said...

Ya his Hot! I really liked it. Now am ready to read the book.

Abby said...

Haha I love your title...yes please. Weird, I went Friday night and the theater wasn't even half full. I had mixed feelings, but I love how much you loved it. I still don't think Edward is hot enough, but he did play the part well! Carlisle...was creepy.

Adam and Brittany said...

So, I went to the movie again by MYSELF. First time going to a movie alone--not bad. It was just as good the second time. I like what you wrote--well said. Happy Thanksgiving!