Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thank you Pilgrams...

...I really needed that four day weekend. My Thanksgiving break started out with some homesickness on my commute back from work on Wednesday night. The realization hit me that I wouldn't be with any of my family for Thanksgiving (a first). Then I got to thinking about Christmas and how I wasn't going home to Washington either. It saddened me to think that I wouldn't be home for the holidays at all this year.

Thanksgiving day I snapped out of it. Of course I would have liked to be with my family but i was very happy to have a four day weekend to spend with Niel. Thanksgiving Day we baked 3 pumpkin pies that we were asked to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. Of course I overcooked them (I'm not the right person to ask to bring food). They looked very interesting to say the least. The Land family invited us over for Thanksgiving Dinner. Gayle Land is the Young Women's president in our ward. We had a yummy and enjoyable Thanksgiving dinner with their family.

On Friday we hit the stores for Black Friday. We got some great deals at JcPenney. We definitely overspent (returns??). Please excuse the scraggly hair...we skipped the showers on Black Friday.
After shopping we had lunch at Soup Plantation buffet. I have no idea what we were thinking when we decided to go to a buffet on the day after Thanksgiving?! We felt like fattys after lunch.

Then we picked out our Christmas tree for only $20 at Home Depot. It's just a little guy.
Friday evening we went to the outdoor Victoria Gardens mall in Rancho Cucamonga. They had cute little Christmas carolers singing along the walkways. We bought chocolate at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (of course I got my favorite sea foam). AND we went to PinkBerry. That was my first time. I would have to say it is over-rated.

The best thing about Thanksgiving break this year is that we didn't have any church commitments or scheduled activities. This is really rare for both of us. During break we did whatever we wanted when we wanted. Here are some other things we did (besides cleaning and running errands):

1) Bike rides every day
2) Afternoon naps
3) Decorated for Christmas
4) I dedicated allot of time looking for fabric and working on my business
5) Watched movies
6) Niel worked on his new art project

It was great to have a relaxing weekend filled with delicious food and goodies. My pants are definitely fitting tighter. How about yours?

3 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I'm not wearing pants

Annie. said...

Um what's up with Rachel's comment...? Haha!

Anyways, I wanted to tell you a few things:

1. I'm glad someone else has a small Christmas tree.! Ours is just 4 feet and I was beginning to feel it was pathetic, since everyone else around here feel the need to have an 8 foot tree when they first get married! (sorry, venting)
2. I think Pinkberry, Red Mango, all of those are overrated too. :)
3. I want to know about Niel newest art project! You should post pictures (although I'll bet he's be too embarrassed, right?)
4. You're the cutest. :)

Annie. said...

Ugh sorry about all the typos in that last comment....