Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Chaperones

Yesterday was what I would call a "super Saturday" because there were so many activities we were scheduled to attend. Somehow we managed to make it to all of them, even though two of them were during the same time frame. I also managed to squeeze in some laundry and errands.


1. We attended the baptism of Joanna Flores! Joanna is 15 and started coming to church about a year ago. It has been great getting to know her through Young Women's.

2. We went to Kailey Cortez's first birthday party. The Cortez's don't mess around when it comes to parties. They always have great food. This time they barbecued and we completely stuffed ourselves.

3. After the birthday party we went straight to the reception for Nikki & Andy Peterson. Even though we were already full, we managed to eat more at the reception! Our sweet teeth (yes, plural) couldn't resist all of the yummy desserts they had made.
4. Saturday night we chaperoned the youth dance in Redlands. There were about 200 kids that showed up. Niel and I busted out our killer dance moves on the dance floor. I am sure the kids loved the fact that their chaperone's were boogying on their dance floor. I miss the days when we used to go dancing all the time. I got asked to dance twice by 14 or 15 year-old boys. I told them no because I was a leader and then he responded, "Oh. I thought you were like 15". THANKS. I love hearing that I look like I am 15 (sarcasm).

3 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Cute glasses. #4 made me laugh. haha. And sweet TEETH. hahaha.

The end.

KB said...

Wow, I'm impressed Niel let you dance with those boys :)

Abby said...

Darc, just take it as a compliment that all the guys wanted to dance with you--you're the mysterious hot girl in the stake;) Oh, and all my teeth are sweet teeth!