Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tennis Pros

We played tennis twice this week! It's been about 65 or 70 degrees at night so we took advantage of the great weather and play tennis at the Drayson Center. We had lots of fun and we're hoping to keep it up! The Drayson Center tennis courts are definitely the nicest courts we have played on. We can't believe we have lived here for a year and a half and haven't taken advantage of them until this week. We both get free memberships to the Drayson Center since Niel is going to school at Loma Linda University and we love it! There is a pool with a water slide, outdoor tennis courts, an indoor and outdoor track, a soccer field, racket ball courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, bicycling room, aerobics room, and a gym of course. The one bad thing is that it is closed Friday afternoon and Saturday all day since it is a Seventh Day Adventist school.

The sad thing is that I haven't gone that much. Before I started my job when we first moved here I went 3-4 times a week, but now I rarely go. We keep telling ourselves that we need to go more often and take advantage of it because we are going to regret not going once Niel is done with school. It is hard to get myself to go at night after working all day when I want to stay home and relax. Regardless, I know I can be a lot better at going to the gym. (Pictured is my game face)
Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice on how to get yourself to the gym? I find myself making every excuse possible not to go to the gym at night. But once I get to the gym, I am always glad I went and feel a lot better afterwards.

5 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

That complex sounds awesome!

Nikki said...

Darci I am so glad you found us-now we can be blogging friends too. How is your swimsuit stuff going? It'll be fun to see you guys in May.

KB said...

Sweet courts. My words of wisdom are as follows: just remember exactly what you said...you'll prob. rarely feel like going but once you're there or at least by the time u've gotten ur bld pumping, you'll be glad you did! (BTW, so glad you guys can relate to my distain for the welfare sys :) ) -love you!

Veronica Peterson said...

Are you sure you don't go to the gym. You look great!

Abby said...

Jealous of the warm weather--we're dying to play tennis. We've only played once since our honeymoon:(

Just go. Just go to the gym. It's so hard to get there, but once you're there you're there.