Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Life of a sweet tooth

Niel and I have started an unintentional tradition. We live only a block away from the grocery store and I love it because I hate grocery shopping. Therefore, the closer the grocery store is, the less time it takes me to grocery shop {side note unrelated}. Anyways, there is also a RedBox at the grocery store next to our condo. For those of you who don't know what a RedBox is, it is basically a vending machine with DVDs that you can rent for $1/night. Sometimes we will walk to the grocery store on warm summer nights to pick up a movie. We just recently discovered a yummy and cheap ice cream shop next door. We can't believe it has been there the last year and a half. I think it is actually a good thing we didn't find out until now since we both love sweets so much.

Over the last six months or so we have noticed the grocery store provides cookie samples at night in the bakery...especially on Friday nights. There have been many Friday nights when we show up to the grocery store in our PJs to rent our movie and stop by the bakery to freeload on some cookies. We wonder if the people in the bakery have started to notice a pattern in our behavior. Every time we stop to get cookies it makes me chuckle because it has become part of our routine; get a movie, grab a sample, head home. I decided to post about it because it is a simple detail about our life together that makes me smile.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Little traditions like that are so fun! And...you're making me want a cookie.

Annie. said...

I love it. I'll have to look into whether the grocery stores around here do that too...

KB said...

Haha that's so cute!