Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Man's famous words

"Don't cut your hair"

"You should grow your hair out"

Have you ever heard this from a man? If you haven't, then that is just out of the norm. So why do women cut their hair if the general consensus from men is that they like long hair? Good question. Everyone has their own reasons but my reason was that I wanted change. My hair had been long for years and I wanted to try something new; a fresh new style. It has been over a year now since I cut it and surprisingly there have only been a few occasions when I wished I had my long hair back. Niel on the other hand said yesterday out of the blue, "You should grow your hair out." Yep, the famous words.

One of my co-workers volunteered to put some highlights in my hair, which may have been a not so sublte hint to jazz things up a bit. Either way, I have been thinking about what I might do next with my hair. Currently, my hair is cut in an a-line (long in front shorter in back). I like my cut and I might even keep it how it is, but on the other hand it might be fun to make a little change.
Photobucket

1. cut (not color) 2. cut (not color) 3. (side bangs-not color) 4.color only(adding highlights)
5. Niel's idea: grow out my hair

Honestly, I am a little scared to do all of the above in fear that it might look bad. But at the same time change is fun. OR...I could take Niel's advice and grow it out (low probability). What do you think? Stay the same or change it up?

8 comments:

Abby said...

Change it up! It will be pretty funny if you cut it shorter right after Niel said he thinks you should grow it out, but if that's what you want, go for it! It'd be cute. I like the side bangs idea. And maybe some highlights--it is summer, after all.

Matt actually liked it when I cut my hair short--I was the one that really wanted to grow it out again (a slow process for me,but I'm working on it).

KB said...

No leave it short...it's so cute! I think that every time I see a current pic of u. Definite vote for keeping it as is here :) (sorry Niel)

Annie. said...

Men are so weird! I LOVE the short cut - I think you should keep it short! Makes you look sophisticated (sorry Niel). I like the side bangs idea!

Anonymous said...

One of the many things guys wish girls knew is that you should never cut your hair. We may say, "it looks good" or "I like it better short" but it's like when we say, "you don't look fat in those pants." It's a necessary evil. That being said, If anyone can pull off short hair, it's Darci.

Andy, Nikki, and Grant said...

I (andy) agree with neil! You should grow it out! But i dont think that my opinion really matters very much! but for the record i agree with Neil! Nikki is growing hers out!

Monty and Kristin said...

Okay, I have to comment. First off...I'm the Peterson daughter and I know you...but just a little, but find your blog fun. Anyway...first off I think that is totally funny because my husband says the same thing...grow it out!! Then I cry everytime I cut it. Anyway, personally I'm currently growing mine out because I figure who else do I really want to please, but my husband.(that and my last hair cut was horrible so I'm scared to go back! I just don't want him to know that's the real reason) If you need a change maybe just add some highlights to start. Anyway, not that my opinion matters, but...I guess part of me just wanted to confess I read your blog!! You'll look great no matter what you decide!:) Have fun.

Paige said...

Ha ha that is such a guy thing to say. Jared now openly confesses that he didn't like my hair short. He says he didn't say so before because he knew I wanted to do it.
On the subject: Variety is the spice of life. I try to do something different every year or less for some fun to shake things up. It also is nice to do something they (the hubbies) like. I mean, if we told them to try a new style of clothes or a new shirt that looked good on them and they protested we'd probably get a bit bugged.
The other thing that makes me like long hair (i'm partial- i'm growing mine out) is that all the "hot" celebs have long hair. The edgy ones go for the seasonal styles, but the big-time hotties stick to the tried and true long locks.
Ok, I need to go do something else

Beth said...

Hey Darci,
Here's our opinion on hair. No bangs....Brent says "show your face." He went to a seminar about professional dress and grooming, and the lady mentioned how most women look better without bangs, and it's better to show off your beautiful face.

I like highlights too. That's always a great way to change up a hairdo. I too like my hair short. I like to try to grow it out somtimes but it starts to bug me when it starts getting long and I only end up putting it in a pony most of the time.