Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sweet Land of Liberty

Niel had to work a 24 hour shift on the fourth of July so I had to come up with my own plans. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the 4th of July than at the beach. Amber and I enjoyed the craziness of Huntington beach on the 4th of July. I think the massive crowds and craziness makes it an interesting experience. Luckily, we went early enough to get a decent parking spot.

Photobucket
We found ourselves a less crowded area on the beach about a mile away from the pier. Don't worry, somehow we decided that walking to the pier would be fun. After walking for 45 minutes to the pier we were hungry and decided to devour corn dogs and french fries...mmm. So American.
Photobucket

After spending the afternoon at the beach we went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant (not so American) because it was the only place open. Later we met up with some other people for the firework show at University of Redlands. We had great seats and the show was awesome.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Darci that second picture of you is so cute!! (The first one is too, of course). I want to go to the beach.

KB said...

So that's y we didn't hear back from you :) Glad you had fun!

Annie. said...

Oh FUN! I wish I could have come too! One of the perks of living in Cali. :)