Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lake Arrowhead

Niel and I had a bright idea to take our bikes to arrowhead last weekend when it was 104 degrees in the Inland Empire. We figured it would be much cooler at Arrowhead. Turns out it was still 92 degrees there. After we unloaded our bikes from the bike rack and rode around for a little bit, we realized that there weren't any bike paths in the area. We road our bikes along the main roads for a little while but that was kinda scary since there wasn't a shoulder or a bike lane. Not to mention the roads are curvy, one lane, mountain roads. After riding around for about 45 minutes I was beat. We walked around the shops afterward and had pizza for lunch. My face was bright red from the bike ride and the employee at Coach took one look at me and said, "You must be hot!" Good observation miss.

Lake Arrowhead is really beautiful. It reminds me of Lake Chelan in Washington. Seeing all of the boats and watching people boating made me want to go boating so bad. I am looking forward to my first boating trip of the summer later this week.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Fun! Nate and I really want to invest in some bikes, just can't afford it yet. They are awesome though. And since you mentioned Lake Chelan, that place is awesome too!! :)

bjchild said...

Good to hear you are now training on your bike. I hear you though on the scariness of riding when there's no shoulder. The key is to get up really early before all of the stinkin' cars are on the road and use a red flashing taillight.

Looks like a really pretty lake.