Thursday, April 16, 2009

Little Miss Piggy

Almost every day I bring a sack lunch to work. My fellow co-workers hardly ever bring lunch so it makes it easy for me to know which lunch is mine...the only brown paper bag in the fridge. Today on my lunch break I went to the fridge not noticing that there were two other brown paper bags in the fridge and grabbed the first one. I went to the back computer by my boss' desk to surf the web while I ate my lunch. Niel, being the wonderful husband that he is made my lunch this morning. As I was leaving he said, "don't forget your lunch, I spiced it up today." His words replayed in my head as I pulled out the sandwich and noticed the abundance of fresh deli-cut meat. I thought to myself, "Where and when did he get this lunch meat?" and then I proceeded to eat the sandwich. It was very delicious and I decided to text Niel after I finished eating to tell him how amazing the sandwich was he made me. I noticed a huge orange in the bag and thought to myself, "That is a huge orange...probably the biggest one of the batch we bought."
Once I finished the banana I tuned into some commotion that had been going on behind me. I looked behind me to see a brown paper bag sitting on my boss' desk while her son exclaimed, "It isn't there, there is only one lunch in the fridge, I checked twice. I don't know where the other one is." At that point I realized what was going on as these things ran through my mind 1) weird sandwich 2) extra large orange 3) three people brought brown bag lunches 4) one is missing. Realizing what I had done I turned bright red and belted out, "I think I ate your lunch!" My boss' face was a look of unbelief and disgust. I mean, how could anyone eat a stranger's lunch and not realize it?! I was SO embarrassed! Of ALL people why did I have to eat the lunch that belonged to my boss' son?! I told him he could have my lunch even though I doubted he wanted peanut butter and jelly. He said I ended up doing him a favor since he wanted to eat out anyway. I tried to explain how it was an honest mistake-Niel made my lunch, and we had everything at home that was in the lunch (except for the lunch meat).

Anyways, everyone had a good laugh at my expense. Cindy said, "Don't put your lunch in the fridge because Darci will eat it!" I am pretty sure I won't live this one down for a while. Hopefully my boss doesn't think I am a complete idiot. Remember, it is better to learn from others' mistakes than to learn from making mistakes of your own. Moral of the story: Make sure it is your lunch before eating it.

5 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

This is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! I cannot stop laughing. I just keep giggling every time I think about it. HOW AWKWARD!!! Hahahahaha

Jenna said...

Are you a friends fan? If you haven't seen this episode you need to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziQrW-dOGWcth

Annie. said...

That story is so FUNNY! Thanks for sharing, you absolutely made my day! I'll bet you were MORTIFIED. I can't wait to tell Talon about this. :)

Veronica Peterson said...

Oh no! Funny story. lol

Abby said...

This also reminded me of that friends episode. Haha so funny.