Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sick Day

I'm sick and took a day off work today. If it had been any other time, I would have gone anyways. Since the Swine Flu is everywhere in the news and everyone is freaking out, I figured I would stay home for my co-workers and customers' sake. What a great time to get sick...right when the swine flu reaches a level five pandemic category. Now everyone at work probably thinks I have the Swine flu and won't want to touch me with a ten foot pole. Yesterday when I was at work I sneezed in front of a customer and he started making pig noises. It was actually pretty funny.

It was nice to relax and be home for a day. My day consisted of reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. I am really enjoying it thus far and highly recommend it. When I went to watch "High School Musical 3" (don't make fun of me) our DVD player wouldn't work! What a bummer. A sick day requires a good movie.

Anyways, I am trying to decide if I am going to go to work tomorrow. I don't have anymore paid time off, I feel good enough to go, but no-one will want snotty nose around. We will see... I don't want any trouble from my co-workers.

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Aww, sorry you're sick Darc! I think it's funny about the pig noises . .you should have told him you had it and shook his hand when you said goodbye.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Annie. said...

No fun. Being sick stinks - although it's pretty fun to just take a whole day off. :) I want a sick day too!