Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

We had a very nice and relaxing Easter. We went to church, ate a delicious Easter dinner, took a two hour nap, went for a bike ride, and enjoyed the sunny and warm weather. For our Easter dinner we had ham, green bean casserole, broccoli salad, rolls, and red beets. You probably don't care what we ate but this is especially note-worthy since I don't like cooking.

This past week I have been somewhat homesick. I am tired of being so far away from family and missing out on baby blessings, babtisms, etc. Most of our immediate family is in Washington and Utah...not exactly a weekend trip away. I think my homesickness gets worse around the holidays.

Every Easter my mom would take me shopping for an Easter dress to wear to church. I remember when I was really little I would get the dresses with the matching hats. Sometimes I even got the white gloves and the bobby socks with lace on them. Yeah, you know the ones I am talking about. For some reason I got to thinking about that tradition this year and I decided I needed an Easter dress:)

I really wanted a picture of us together on Easter. Unfortunately, we looked like gomers in all of the pictures. Believe it or not this is the best picture. I am laughing, hold my dress down from the wind, and Niel is holding a cheesy smile. Please enjoy.

4 comments:

Lizeth Peterson said...

Cute dress Darci I love the color too.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I love your dress, Darci. I couldn't find any cute dresses - it made me sad!

Paige said...

Ha ha love the faces. Very cute. And the dress of course...
I also particularly enjoyed the rollerblading post. Way to go against the grain Niel!

Abby said...

I did enjoy. Seriously--I like the photo! And, this is the first year that I DIDN'T get an Easter dress:( I love Easter dresses, and you picked a really cute one!