Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Floss daily or else...

You might end up like me with three cavities...EEK! I will admit, I go through my strong phases and my not so strong phases of flossing. But in my defense I have my mom's teeth genes...which aren't the best genes as far as getting cavities go (no offense mom). Starting now I am pledging to my blog, myself, my readers, and my dentist that I will floss every day (or at LEAST every other day only if serious schedule conflicts arise). My first day in Washington, I had an appointment with my dentist (who happens to be my brother). He is pretty much the best dentist ever. He filled all three cavities in about 30 minutes and I took it like a champ. I have to mention that I took it like a champ because I have had slight anxiety about getting work done on my teeth ever since my horrific childhood experience at the dentist. This experience includes the dentist gagging me, causing me to throw up on him. The story ends with the dentist requesting that we reschedule our appointment.

My whole left side of my face was numb for about seven hours after getting my fillings. It was actually pretty funny because my face would do weird things when I talked, tried to smile, or ate. Fortunately, it provided good entertainment at the dinner table.

A big thank you to Dr. Child for the great dentistry work you provided me with. Hopefully you won't have to see me for another cavity anytime soon:)

2 comments:

Paige said...

I actually love the dentist. Ok, maybe not during the procedures, but after when you're all clean. Although last time I nearly hyperventilated and passed out from the norepinephrine.

Annie. said...

Yikes! You're scaring me! I'm a terrible flosser, and I have this tooth that's killing me right now...