Sunday, August 9, 2009

Party

Lucky for Sammuel, his birthday fell on one of the family reunion days. We celebrated his sixth birthday and Lori got him a really cool army cake!

Photobucket

We ordered take out from the Olive Garden...yum (kid's table below).

McKay and I decided to make a pinata for the party. We made it from scratch using a balloon, newspaper, and glue. While we were making it McKay said, "This is taking a LONG time." After it dried the grandkids helped me decorate it. It was time consuming but we ended up with an excellent hand-crafted pinata. Definitely topnotch -check it out. It withstood two rounds of beatings.

Elijah
Photobucket
My brother Brent captured some great pictures of the kiddos hitting the pinata. I love the expressions on their faces. Grandpa regulated the front of the pinata line to make sure no one got hurt or jumped in front.

McKay-powerful

Photobucket

Trent-very fierce
Photobucket
Lori-determined
Photobucket

Beth-satisfaction

Photobucket
Here is a video of Allison...she is so funny you have to watch it. She gives the boys some attitude when they start making fun of her.

Daniel didn't like the pinata as much as the rest of us and cried most of the time. I guess he didn't like the violence...poor little guy.
Photobucket
One other detail I can't leave out about my trip. Tyler and I had several late night Mario competitions. We played the original Nintendo just like the old days...remember that one? It had been years since I'd played but I brought my A-game and we dominated.

The following day we woke up and went to the family reunion for the whole Child family side at the Moses Lake aquatic center. It was about 105 degrees outside but it was nice to see some relatives I hadn't seen a long time. We floated the lazy river, BBQ'd, went on a couple slides, and hung out.

Well that concludes the family reunion posts. I wish Niel could have come but his board exams are about a month away! Thanks to Lori and David for being such great hosts and planning the event. Brannen and Paul-we missed you!

2 comments:

KB said...

Those facial expressions ARE awesome -didn't notice til u pointed 'em out :) Love old sch Nintendo!

bjchild said...

Thanks for posting those pictures Darci. I'm so sad that we weren't there :(. It looks like you guys had alot of fun. Allison is such a crack up! I wonder how much those old Nintendo systems go for on Ebay. Classic.