Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back to the Fifties!

Our "Sock-Hop Diner" Girls' camp fundraiser was a hit! We had an unbelievable turnout and every chair was filled. Everything turned out great. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked because I was running around all night, but trust me the decorations were amazing. We threw a par-tay!!

The young women did a fifties floor show which included two swing dance numbers, and several fifties songs. They sang Elvis' "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog," Grease's "Your the one that I want" and several others. We also did the hokie pokie and a hoola hoop contest. Throughout the night we had fifties music playing and some couples and children starting dancing in the center of the floor. It was great to see everyone having such a fun time! If I could have grown up in any other era, I would have chosen the fifties!

Photobucket
I was in charge of the bake sale. This was the mother of all bake sales. I had delectable goodies of all sorts with high profit margins. Please take a moment to notice the cupcake holder to the left of me. Those are the cupcakes I made:) People were so generous and we had hardly any goodies left! Our bake sale was probably the highest grossing bake sale everrrr.
I auctioned off a few cakes at the the last minute that hadn't sold yet. This was not planned ahead and I had never been an auctioneer before (which I am sure everyone could tell). "Ummmm ten dollars? anyone? Can I get ten dollars?!" Oh well, one of the cakes sold for $25!


Photobucket

Brittany, Tishnae, and Alex singing.

Photobucket
Floorshow!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Manning the bake sale in style.

Photobucket
They looked so cute in their 50's attire!

Alex Land put together this video. It has the two swing dances and one of the songs they sang. For some reason they music is off sync, but still watch it! We surpassed our goals for the fundraiser because of everyone's generosity. Thank you to those who came and supported, we can't wait for Girls' camp!

4 comments:

Annie. said...

No way - it looks AWESOME! You guys did such an amazing job! Wish I could have been there for the party!

Veronica Peterson said...

It was a fun night! Everything was amazing. The youth did an awesome job with dancing, singing, serving, and they looked cute all dressed up. I was very impressed that the young men were willing to dance. Good job planning it.

Ryan and Lizeth said...

Looks like a really fun night. I'm glad it went good. I heard some awesome things about it.

The Bailly Buzz said...

This is even better than last year. It looks awesome and sounds like it was a lot of fun. Our YW are working on their fundraiser now and it is not nearly as exciting. I should suggest next year they do something like this. Although if you can believe it, we have even less girls.