Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wedding BBQ

I returned from my trip to Utah on Monday. I had a blast and now I am back to work, back to the commute, back to listening to Ryan Seacrest in the morning, back to eating PB&J sandwiches for lunch, and back to working on Girl's camp (which is less than four weeks away and will be consuming my life until then). BUT, I am back with my hubby, which I am happy about:) In the meantime I will blog about my fun trip.

Wednesday, my mom and I flew into the Salt Lake Airport at the same time. I convinced my mom she should come to Utah while I was visiting so that we could va-cay together:)

That night I went to the BBQ in honor of the bride and groom: Kellie Bird and Devin Johnson. It was so good to see Kellie! I also got to spend time with Leslie, who was on the cheer squad with me in high school. It was great to see the whole Bird Family, who I grew up with and consider them to be just like family.

Photobucket

Shani Bird, me, Nikki Bird, Brie, Kellie Bird, and Leslie

Photobucket

I got to hold Shani and Chris' new baby Brighton! He is adorable.

Photobucket

The Bird family owns the Baskin Robin's in Orem so we had an after party there! Everything was fair game so I got a scoop of Pralines n' Cream, and Rock & Pop Swirl.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Afterwards, the bride and us bridesmaids retired to the sweet wedding house up on the hill in suncrest. The whole wedding party stayed in a really nice six bedroom house with an amazing view of Utah valley. We got to share a room with the bride, Kellie before her big day!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

good times, good times! It was so fun to see you and hang out. Please come again soon you're always welcome to stay with us :)!

Kim said...

It was so good to see you Darci! I seriously cannot remember the last time that I had seen you before last week! I'm so glad you had such a great time!

Annie. said...

So fun! Nothing like getting together with girlfriends. I'm so bummed we didn't have a chance to meet up! :( But I knew you would be here for a very short time, and you probably had a very full schedule. You just have to promise that next time you guys are here, we FOR SURE will get together! And sorry my stupid work lunch messed up our plans - I would have much rather spent lunch with you. :)