Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Schurig strikes back.

Alright, so this is how it all started...

One of my co-workers captured this photo of me at a company meeting. I was making a face at him and he captured it with his cat-like speed and reflexes. The next day, the picture was emailed to the whole company. Later he found a picture of a seal that he thought resembled me in the picture. He sent it to me in an email titled, 'Nature'. The owner of the company saw it and it was decided we needed to get James back with a good prank.

The funny thing is that the owner of the company thought of this idea and gave me permission to do it. Pictured are about 500 cups filled to the top with water surrounding James' desk. We bought about 10-15 goldfish to go in some of the cups. The only way for him to get to his desk was to empty out every single Dixie cup. On his chair was the picture of me (above) with a note that said, "The Schurig strikes back." (Some of my co-workers just call me Schurig) Notice the yellow water in the two cups. That was an added touch. We put a yellow highlighter in the water to turn it a nice yellow color.

Don't worry all of you animal rights activists out there. Every fish found a new home with co-workers. Only one fish jumped out of the cup and died.

It definitely ended up being a success and provided some good laughs. Although, I have a good feeling I need to watch my back:)

6 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

That is too funny. Very nice picture of you, by the way. Haha. Way to get him back Darc!

Beth said...

Darci, that is hilarious! Sounds like you work in a very fun environment. I agree, probably better keep your eyes open for a while.

Jenna said...

Very funny!

James, the I.T. idiot said...

I have to admit, this was hilarious! Took me 45 minutes to clean up, TWELVE GALLONS of water came out of there! I should inform you, however, that my math on the subject indicates an imbalance in your favor. Hmmm... I bet you thought we were even... Muuhuuhahahaaaa

Annie. said...

AWESOME. You would be SO fun to work with! Haha - you're giving me all kinds of ideas....unfortunately, I don't think the people in my office would appreciate the humor quite as much...

KB said...

Hilarious! Ingenious prank -love it :) Did you get to watch him pick up every single cup?