Sunday, May 31, 2009

Road Trippin'

While I was in Utah, my mom, my grandma Davis, and I went on a road trip from Salt Lake to Idaho Falls to visit my sister Jennifer and her family. Yep, a three generation road trip is what I'm talking about. I got to see my new baby nephew Jordan, who is absolutely adorable and the sweetest little baby. Friday night we went to dinner at Perkins. After dinner I enjoyed holding baby Jordan. Being an aunt is great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

McKay told his Dad he wanted to make something special for me while I visited so he asked me what I liked. I told him about some of my favorite things including the beach. He made this beach setting out of construction paper all by himself. Check out the pop-up palm tree. McKay is so smart and creative, especially for a five year old. When I told him how smart he is he said, "It is because my brain is automatic." He says funny things like this all the time that make me laugh.

Photobucket

On Saturday, we took McKay to the hotel pool. Then we went to visit my great uncle Holt. McKay thought we were going to see Hulk and he kept calling him Hulk. For lunch we went to Costa Vida-my favorite! Before we left for home we went to Sarah's candy cottage to get yummy chocolates and candy. It was a short trip but it was great to see Jennifer's family and spend time with my sweet Grandma, who I don't get to see often.

1 comment:

Adam and Brittany said...

Love the story about the Hulk. That is so cute!